The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 [ODE Solver] Dialog not launching.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Buckup

3 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2016 :  05:47:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I am having a problem with the ODE Solver APP (http://www.originlab.com/fileExchange/details.aspx?fid=222)

I can install it correctly (it seems), but when I click on it, the dialog is not opening. No error messages.(I have a workbook and a graph open)
I am running 2016SR2 PRO. Already tried to run it on 32 as well 64bit. Other old/new apps run without any issues. What I am doing wrong?

I would like to use it tomorrow in a class (Heidelberg University) I am giving on Numerical Integration, but I discovered this app only this morning.

Looking for any advice or ideas.

Cheers,

Buckup

Buckup

3 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2016 :  06:08:54 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It seems there is an error when compiling (by clicking the app symbol):

....\AppData\Local\OriginLab\93\TMP\OriginC\X-Functions\ODESolver.XFC(663) :Error, Incorrect usage of localization macro, arguments must be string literal.

Any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

Buckup

3 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2016 :  07:27:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
SOLVED:

Old version of the ODE Solver written for Origin 2015 uses a header file with incorrect naming. I have downloaded the older version first.

I uninstalled and deleted everything related to the ODE solver. Then I reinstalled the version for 2016 and the dialog is now opening.

I suggest to make a small comment that the two versions of the APP are not compatible on the same instalation.

Cheers.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000