The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Spherical plots
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

dnvwyatt

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  12:01:36 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi again,

No luck yet rotating the plot, but I was wondering if Origin is capable of doing spherical plots at all? I haven't found anything which would lead me to believe that it is yet. Is Mathematica my only choice for this application. I'd love something a bit more user friendly.

Thanks!

david

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  11:24:09 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Recall from Easwar's post (http://www.originlab.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2251) that "the matrix window supports only one z value" which means Z is a single-valued function of X and Y so you can't have closed surfaces. Also, while it is possible to have two surfaces in a single layer (plot), Origin does not support surface intersections and uses a 'back-to-front' drawing technique which can have odd displays when two matrices are in a graph. You could, for example, have two hemispheres plotted in a layer to simulate a sphere as long as the 'back' hemisphere was drawn first. Once you rotated the layer to the point the 'back' hemisphere should be in the front, you would see a drawing problem.
It sounds like you want a CAD program - or Mathematica if you need additional analysis capabilities.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000