The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Update Text Object in Empty Worksheet
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

tib

Switzerland
105 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2003 :  09:56:15 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi there,
I use an empty worksheet (all columns deleted) as a window to hold 100+ buttons (objects with script) and some text which is linked to variables. This text is not updated correctly.
It worked fine under Origin6.1, but now under Origin7 it does not update even after the command doc -uw.
You can test it for example:
1) take a worksheet and delete all columns so that you get a blank white window
2) create a text %H,
3) set properties link to variable
4) rename the worksheet
5) press the refresh button (or doc -uw) and the text %H will NOT be updated. (only if you double click on the text or if you move it)

Any ideas why? Should I better transfer my buttons to a graph or layout window?
Thanks,
Tilman.

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2003 :  1:06:21 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Tilman,

You're right... if the worksheet has no columns then doc -uw will not refresh the text label. However, I learned by trial and error that plot -c works. I have no idea why.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2003 :  1:31:03 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for reporting this, we are just about to release SR4, so this will be corrected then.

QA70-4010

CP

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000