The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 Forum for Origin C
 long and short column names
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

kfauth

Germany
33 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2016 :  03:52:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Pro 2015G Sr2
Operating System: Win7Pro

Hello again,

I run into the problem of needing column names longer than the allowed 13 characters to be descriptive (not so much to the user but to other scripts which try to find a column based on a number of parameters).

I understand that the long names may serve this purpose. Since these would need to be recognized from OriginC, it would be necessary to retrieve the column short name from the long name using OriginC code. Is there a function serving this purpose?

In general, the code looking for that column cannot know aforehand whether the desired column exists, is it possible to check the existence of a column by its long name?

Thanks for any help.

Castiel

343 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2016 :  06:21:37 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
DataObject Datasheet::FindCol()

妾+   午旦  妹罕妾  妾伊    用仇  妾/     岫ㄞ
 妾京用 仍巨  件 侈   件戶' 甘岫平   /欠  白岫妹
   併             艮          岫  奈 白   岫
                              岫
Go to Top of Page

Rachael F. Knapp Knapp

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2016 :  07:10:39 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Castiel,
I have absolutely no idea how to go about doing this. I've been trying to do for a couple of hours, but nothing seems to run on it.

Any guidance is very much appreciated.
Thanks

http://www.creativeseniorsolutions.net/about-us-2/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000