The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Disappearing Text boxes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Akara89

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2016 :  6:05:20 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release: Origin 2015 (64-bit) b9.2.272
Operating System: Windows 7

Text is not showing up on my graphs. This includes titles, legends, axis labels, and text boxes.

When I add a text box, it lets me type. However, as soon as I finish typing the text box disappears. When I add a legend it never shows up at all. Same goes for titles and labels.

Help please!

Edited by - Akara89 on 07/05/2016 6:43:50 PM

AmandaLu

439 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2016 :  04:41:10 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Akara89,

Can you send your OPJ to tech@originlab.com referring to this post? Did you enter any special characters in the text?

Thanks,
Amanda
OriginLab Technical Service
Go to Top of Page

Akara89

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2016 :  11:32:10 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I did not enter any special characters. It doesn't seem to matter what I type.

Thanks, I will get that file sent.
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2016 :  12:00:08 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Could you choose Format: Layer Properties... menu.
Go to Display tab.
Check if Labels is unchecked in "Show Elements" group?

This will force all kinds of labels (legend, text label, axis title) to hide.

If you have multiple layers, please check the Display tab of each layer.

It is checked by default.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

Akara89

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2016 :  12:11:19 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Snowli,

That worked! Since that only worked for a single graph, is there a way I can restore the defaults so this will always stay checked?

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2016 :  1:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am not sure why it's unchecked in your graph. How was the graph created? By a user defined template or a built-in one?

You can right click the graph window and choose Save Template as... to save the template. Note: if you have done some customization which you don't want to be saved in the template. Once you find out the template name, you can choose File: Open to open the template (a blank window). Use Plot Details dialog to check the Label and save template.

Then in the future when you create such graph, it should be fine.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

Akara89

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2016 :  4:44:30 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This was very helpful, thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Dwayne

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2016 :  05:07:04 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I had the same problem. Thank you for the advice, it helped
Go to Top of Page

Dwayne

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2016 :  05:12:11 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I had the same problem. Thank you for the advice, it helped
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000