The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Multi-Peak Fit Uses Negative Values
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Jordan Vandegrift

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2016 :  7:10:44 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

I am trying to use the Multi-Peak fit function with Origin Pro 8 to deconvolute my DSC data. On some of my plots, the fit is producing negative values when all of my data is positive. Is there a way to choose a minimum value for the fit to use so that it is not trying to utilize any negative values? Any help is appreciated! I have attached an image of what I am experiencing for reference.

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 07/11/2016 :  10:58:28 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Please try to create and subtract a baseline before doing peak fitting to correct the negative values.

You are suggested to use Peak Analyzer to do peak fitting with a baseline. More details, please refer to this tutorial:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/Create-Subtract-Baseline

If you just want to create a horizontal baseline line where Y= minimum, you can just select Constant for Baseline Mode in the Baseline Mode page:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/CreateBaseline-PA

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team
Go to Top of Page

Jordan Vandegrift

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2016 :  2:20:39 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Shirley,

I have tried subtracting/creating a baseline, however the fit is still below the value that I set as the baseline. For instance in the image in my original post, you can see that the tails of the green fit lines go below my original data. I would like to prevent this from happening. Do you have any further suggestions as to how I would accomplish this?

Thanks,
Jordan
Go to Top of Page

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 07/12/2016 :  10:56:59 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Please send us the whole project with all operations(including baseline treatment and peak fitting) via tech@originlab.com.

Please quote this post in you email and also provide the serial number of your Origin.

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000