The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 there was a problem sending the command to the pro
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Drekko

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2016 :  11:49:45 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hey guys

I am trying to make an install script to automate the installation for users of Origin 2016 9.3 64bit
Running on Windows 7x64 machines

There's a problem though with the file assocations
When I open a OPJ file through file explorer it gives me an error "there was a problem sending the command to the program" and does not open my project file

If I run the script from origin 2016 > Window > Script Window and run:
doc -ddde 1

Then launch origin as admin > close it

Double click my opj projects and it fixed the issue

But is there a way to do this with my install script so users do not need to all do this?

Such as delete a reg key or launching origin with some modified arguments?

Any help will be appreciated

JacquelineHe

287 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2016 :  02:41:59 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi

When Origin is started in a Command line environment (such as Windows cmd window), it reads the command line beyond the Origin.exe call to check if any optional arguments have been specified.

For example:
First it changes the current directory to the Origin exe directory. It then calls Origin and passes the following command line arguments:

cd "C:\Program Files\OriginLab\Origin2016"

Origin93.exe -m -rs 
type -b "doc -ddde 1";exit

-m:Minimize the Origin application.
-rs: Similar to -R but without having OPJ specified. All the remaining string from the command line will be used as LabTalk script and run after Origin C startup compile has finished.

Thanks
Jacqueline
OriginLab

Edited by - JacquelineHe on 07/25/2016 02:43:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

Drekko

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2016 :  7:14:12 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for your response

I spoke to someone on your chat support and they were able to tell me to run origin via cmd as such to run the script:

C:\Program Files\Originlab\Origin 2016\Origin93_64.exe" -h -rs doc -ddde 1

This still requires the user to run origin as administrator first though

So I am just trying to automate that as well

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000