The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 linear fitting with the data in row
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

gsinchina

Japan
3 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2016 :  09:48:52 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
rigin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): origin2016
Operating System:windows 8

Hello~

I have the data in excel files formatting like this:

In the above figure there are 7 rows and each row contains 6 data points coordinated as (x,y).

I would like to linear fit these six data points and get the slope and intercept. For example, 7 linear relationships should be obtained in the data shown above.

How to do the fitting with the rows and how to do the batch linear fitting with them (as I have hundreds of rows in the excel files...)?

Chris D

428 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2016 :  1:51:31 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You would have to transform your data such that each rows X & Y values become an XY column pair in a new worksheet. That is, each 1 row becomes two columns (1 X, 1 Y).

If you put all XY pair columns into one worksheet, then you can use our Sequential Fit App (http://www.originlab.com/FileExchange/details.aspx?fid=321) to fit all the datasets VERY quickly using the "Line" fitting function found in the "Polynomial" fitting function group.

If you need some help writing a script to transform your data, please send an email to tech@originlab.com and be sure to include your Origin serial number. If you are a demo user, please also include the email address you originally used to download the demo.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000