The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Thick contour on fuel consumption map
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

AndiWin

Germany
1 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2016 :  11:13:26 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,

I have a fuel consumption map and I wanted a thick contour, like described in the picture.

How do I do this. Thanks for any help.

yuki_wu

896 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2016 :  01:37:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I think you can extract the contour lines and add contour lines to the graph, so that you can set the thickness of the lines.

1.Click twice on a contour line (two separate single clicks) to select all lines at that level you want to change their thickness.

2.Right click and select Extract Contour Lines. Origin will extract the data for that contour line to a worksheet.
You can refer to this page:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/Contour-Color-Map#Customize_Levels.2C_Lines_and_Color_Map

3.Separate the contour line dataset into three XY datasets as you desired.

4.Place the mouse cursor on the right edge of Y column, when it turns keep mouse click pressed and drag-and-drop data from the sheet into your graph.

More details can be found on this page:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/User-Guide/Graphing#Adding_Data_by_Drag_and_Drop

5.Double-click on the layer to open Plot Details dialog, and then click the selected contour line in the left panel.

6.Go to Line tab, and set the properties of the line as you want.

Hope it helps.

Yuki
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000