The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Probably very easy, fitting...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Rostger

3 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2016 :  02:57:33 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hey guys, im new to origin and need some help pls
I got 2 Columns temperature col(a) and time col(b)
Temperature is rising unproportional.
I need a diagramm with y-Axe with Temperature/second and x-Axe with Temperature. So which heating rate i have at different temperature.

Edited by - Rostger on 08/29/2016 08:17:16 AM

JacquelineHe

287 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2016 :  05:08:42 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Rostger,

Could you show us more clearly about your question?
You have two columns dataset, column A is "Temperature", column B is "Time".

I am not sure the meaning of "Temperature/sekond". Is it "Temperature/Time"?
If so, you can:
1. Add new column
2. Highlight this column and right-click, and then click "Set Column Values..." to open the "Set Values" dialog.
3. In "Set Values" dialog, set the new column value= Col(A)/Col(B).
Please refer to the help page for "Set Column Values" tool:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Wks-SetColVal-QuickStart

4. Make sure the Column A is a "X" column, and new column "Temperature/Time" is a "Y" column.
High light the new column to choose the plot type you need to create.

Thanks
Jacqueline
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page

Rostger

3 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2016 :  08:15:54 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No, thats not i wanted to say :D

If i write col(A)/Col(B) i will just get a division.
What i need is, col(A)difference between 2 and 3 is 0,2Kelvin and time difference is 25 seconds. Between 3 and 4 its again 0,2K but the time difference ist 19 seconds. It means that heating rate per second is higher from 3 to 4 (Where it is 0,2/19) and lower between 2 and 3 (0,2/25)

Edited by - Rostger on 08/29/2016 08:17:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

ChristianJ

Germany
22 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2016 :  11:14:15 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
you will find DerivativeXY(col(c), col(a)) valuable
Go to Top of Page

Rostger

3 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2016 :  12:00:41 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
ok it looks pretty good and similar, but still not the same i cant heat 80K per second :D. I went this path Analysis: Mathematics: Differentiate and got this
thanks by the way

Edited by - Rostger on 08/29/2016 12:02:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

ChristianJ

Germany
22 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2016 :  02:13:46 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Now you've got your value in [seconds/Kelvin]. But it seems to be the better way to show your data.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000