The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Copy Page to Illustrator
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Anurag Agrawal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2016 :  9:45:20 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

I want to copy a graph using copy page to Illustrator. I have Y axis values that have values in negative, but I want to keep my scale from 0 and above. In the origin active page the graph looks fine where I only see the plot with positive Y values since I have the scale set from 0. Now when I copy page to Illustrator, it copies in such a way that y plot lines extend to below scale. It works fine if I copy to word.

I want to copy the graph in such a way that I can individually edit lines in illustrator. I can export the graph but it will be then exporting as a single object.

Anurag

JacquelineHe

287 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2016 :  03:17:54 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Anurag Agrawal,

I am afraid that now Origin does not support to copy graph to Illustrator directly.

If you want to open the graph in Illustrator, I suggest you can export the graph, and then open it in Illustrator again. Origin supports export graphs to .ai, .eps ect. vector format.
Please refer to:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/ExpGraph-Dailog

Thanks
Jacqueline
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Chris D

428 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2016 :  08:54:54 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Anurag,

If the AI, EPS export file formats aren't working well for you in Illustrator, try exporting the graph as an EMF. Our AI export is many, many years old and we have found that EMFs may offer a better experience in Illustrator.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000