The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 constant values not being drawn
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

brönni

2 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2016 :  09:24:45 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver.: 9.0.0
Operating System: Win 8

Im having a problem drawing a graph where the X Value is constant for quite a while. Origin is just drawing one point for that value which actually has a few houndred points. How can i stretch that out ? It works just fine with excel.

as you can see im referring to x=200

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 10/25/2016 :  04:53:26 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I suppose you want to spread out the data points with same X values on X direction according to the index of data points.

To implement this in Origin, you just need set X column as text and then plot XY columns. Then, all data points will show in order of row number on X direction.

But there is a problem, as you have thousands of data points I suppose, then the number of major ticks will be thousands and number of tick labels will be thousands too. You might need remove these auto ticks/tick labels and add some special ticks in X axis to mark the actual X values.

If you have any problem, please let me know.

I will bring this up in our share meeting to see if we can do some improvements to solve this problem.

Originlab Technical Service Team
Go to Top of Page

brönni

2 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2016 :  03:44:52 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks a lot ! That did really help although i do have the Tick Problem. Not like you described though.
Using Type: "Text from Database" all i get is 3 labels: the one i stretched, the last one and something in between. Dont really know how to handle this, but didnt try too hard yet either.

Another more significant problem occured. I am doin a Gauss fit into that peak from my first post. It works with the text achses but i dont get a Graph drawn and there is no error shown in the calculations.

Is it even possible with the text achses ?

The values calculated differ quite strong from the ones with the normal x-aches as well
Go to Top of Page

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 10/27/2016 :  04:01:11 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear brönni,

Would you please send me the project file with fitting results, via:tech@originlab.com? Please quote this post in the email and give us the serial number to let us record your problem in our problem tracking base.

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000