The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Help for Export EPS figures for LaTeX
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

tantiger

Singapore
41 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2004 :  06:45:45 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
If I make drawing with xFig, I can add some texts use the text tool and later replace those text strings by \psfrag macro in my LaTeX documents. However, in Origin, it seems I cannot replace those texts at all.

Is there any way of doing this like in xFig? Or will it be fufilled in future versions?

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2004 :  4:53:08 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Origin is not a text or image editor. I suspect that the best you'll be able to do in Origin is cover the original text with a text label.

...Perhaps I misunderstood your question. I thought you were asking if Origin can edit a text label created in another program, which it can't. But you can edit labels created in Origin easily. Just use LabTalk's Label command. Or labelname.text$="text string". I need to know what you want to do before I can be more specific.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member

Edited by - Mike Buess on 01/05/2004 5:04:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

tantiger

Singapore
41 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2004 :  11:16:43 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry to have made you confused.

What I want is use Origin to make a plot, then add a text label, which can be replaced by other text (math equations) via \psfrag command in LaTeX environment. I know in xFig, after plot and add a text label, that label can be correctly replaced, but Origin fails to make the text label recognized by other program.

I found in the FAQ for "\psfrag", it says "PSfrag cannot perform the replacement unless the entire EPS string is constructed with a single PS command."

It seems that Origin used a different command to generate the string in EPS file, thus it cannot work with LaTeX environment. That's really a pity!

Hopefully later version can make this function available!

Anyway, thank you, Mike!

Edited by - tantiger on 01/05/2004 11:17:27 PM

Edited by - tantiger on 01/05/2004 11:20:58 PM

Edited by - tantiger on 01/05/2004 11:23:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

vfitymrf

Ukraine
Posted - 06/17/2004 :  3:26:46 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It seems that psfrag do not support ps-adobe-3.0, although all the labels indeed are created by the single ps command, I think the best solution would be to add the possibility to export the figures in psfrag supported format, but its doubtfull that originlab will do this.
Go to Top of Page

hch_psi

Switzerland
1 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  10:56:05 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I still have the same problem with Origin 7. Does anybody know a solution that works?

Regards
Andreas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000