The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Fitting at time zero
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

tdebnath

Singapore
8 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2017 :  1:19:04 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello Everyone,

Is it possible to fit in Origin near time zero if there has some inherent artifact in the signal (see attached picture)? I mean in the below kinetics shown, is it possible to fit from -500 fs (negative 500 fs) time to 1500 fs time? I did exponential fitting from 250 fs time to 1500 fs time (within the vertical dashed line) and then extrapolate the fitted curve upto negative 500 fs time (red line). However this is not the correct procedure for such kind of fitting. Any help would be appreciable. Thanks.

Tushar

arstern

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2017 :  3:00:25 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You can remove the artifacts with the mask tool.
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Mask-Toolbar
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/LineGraph-MaskedData

With the mask tool, you can select the data points on your graph that you would like to "hide". These mask data points will not be included with your dataset when using analysis and fitting features.

Thanks,
Aviel
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

tdebnath

Singapore
8 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2017 :  10:38:48 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Aviel,

Thanks for your suggestion. After applying mask to the artifact, the exponential fit can operate without the masked data points (i.e. -120 fs to 250 fs time) and thus those region of artifact remains unfitted. However I want something like shown in the figure with red dotted line (indicated by the arrow) in the region of artifact which actually be the case in absence of any artifact. In other word, I want to consider my data in all over the range (i.e. -500 fs to 1500 fs time) as artifact free during fitting.

Thanks,
Tushar

Go to Top of Page

arstern

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2017 :  3:46:50 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Tushar,

Please email your .opj file to tech@originlab.com.

Thanks,
Aviel
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000