The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin on Linux
 The Origin on Linux Forum
 Problems Exporting Graphs in Origin 8 (WINE+POL)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Chemist01

1 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2017 :  04:29:29 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello everyone,

I am running Linux Mint 18.1 Serena. I have installed Origin 8 using PlayOnLinux and WINE v. 1.6.2. All in all Origin runs like a charm, although the window style is ugly (Windows 1995 style) and the font size is a tad bit too small for my liking.

However, the real deal breaker is that if I want to export any graph, the export menu, where I can change the format and export directory, simply does not open. Others in a Linux forum suggested that maybe certain DLLs are missing and should be added.
Any ideas?

Best regards!
Chemist

kevin7shlee

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2018 :  11:54:54 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There could be a dll error however,
What I noticed when I try to export was that there is a message in the bottom left where it says "compiling expGraph.XFC ..."
Then the message stays. After opening the XFC file with the word processor I notice that the character "<" shows up as "&lt;".
e.g.) There is a line in XFC like #include <..\Originlab\theme_utils.h>
Where XFC comes from is that it comes from the origin8 when it changes the .OXF files from the folder "X-functions." The conversion happens everytime you start the Origin.
So if there is the character "<" in .OXF file and when the origin, which is installed with wine 2.0.4, changes the OXF to XFC, the change causes problem.

Sincerely,
Kevin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000