The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Simple Fit App and data selection on plot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

RiverFalls

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2017 :  1:14:34 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): PriginPro 2017 (64bit) SR1
Operating System: Windows

I am using the Simple Fit app and ran into a glitch. I selected a region of the data on the plot using the "Selection on Active Plot" tool, and then performed a fit on that region without any problem. I then selected a different region and tried to make a fit. This time the Simple fit app returned the fit to the previously selected region. The app only seems to fit to the first selected region on the plot, not the latest selection.

Can this be worked around or fixed? Or am I trying to not do a 'simple' fit anymore and should just use one of my other options?

Thank you,
Lowell

arstern

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2017 :  3:01:23 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Do you delete the first selection before fitting with the second selection? I noticed that if I have two parts of the graph selected then the simple fit app only fits with the first selection even if I have already reported that selection of the graph.

However, it seemed to fit the second selection for me once I deleted the first selection.

-Aviel
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

RiverFalls

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2017 :  3:17:32 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Aviel,
Yes, that works. That is probably the easiest way around the issue, though in an ideal world modifying the app to have it grab the most recent region would be better.
Thank you!
Lowell
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000