The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 troubles with Origin after installing SP2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

isak987ado

USA
Posted - 09/03/2004 :  12:09:15 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:Windows XP SP2

We had Origin 7.5 purchased and installed months ago. After installing SP2, we noticed that Origin slows down tremendously, to the point of being useless. After various trials, we figured out "disbaling network connections" through Control Panel does the trick - but who wants to work with disabled network connections all the time... A curious point is that this didn't happen on all machines (we have 3-machine license, two of which are currently used).

thanx

topgunchen

Australia
Posted - 09/06/2004 :  4:13:55 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
super!

At Least you found the solution to the problem.

Go to Top of Page

Barb Tobias

USA
305 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2004 :  10:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Abdel, our technical support team will continue to work with you by email, and once we figure out what has caused this problem we can post in this forum thread too.
-Barb
OriginLab Technical Support

Go to Top of Page

saijun

USA
Posted - 08/05/2007 :  01:43:03 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem as isak987ado. I wonder how to solve the problem without disabling the network connection.

Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Deanna

China
Posted - 08/06/2007 :  01:14:16 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Saijun,

Are you using Origin 7.5? Please update to SR6 (select Help: Check for Updates from the Origin menu) first. If the problem exists, please write to tech@originlab.com.

Deanna
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page

saijun

USA
Posted - 08/06/2007 :  11:14:52 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Deanna,

I'm using Origin 7.0552, SR4. It seems I cannot update with SR6 as you suggested...
Go to Top of Page

Deanna

China
Posted - 08/07/2007 :  01:12:42 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Looks like you have already had the latest patch for Origin 7.0. So updates are not needed. But I am using Origin 7.0 (SR 4, 7.0552) on Windows XP SP2. And I do not see the same problem.

Would you please try to reinstall Origin 7.0?

Deanna
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000