The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Set Default Web Browser as Chrome
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Junrui

Denmark
7 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2017 :  10:00:46 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 2017 (64-bit) SR2, b9.4.2.380 (Evaluation)
Operating System: Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello Experts,
I'm a new user of Origin. And I've found that whenever I open the online help page through the Help Central, the page will be opened in Microsoft Edge Browser, but my system default browser is Google Chrome. So why? And how can I set the default browser as Chrome? Thank you!

Best regards,
Junrui

JacquelineHe

287 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2017 :  06:40:07 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Junrui,

I afraid this is an issue in Origin 2017. But this question will be fixed in our next version.

If you do not want to pop-up Microsoft Edge Browser. Maybe you can try to use the local help file (CHM).
Uncheck the "Help: Use Online Help". Then when you open the help for Origin, it will pop-up the CHM help file instead of the webpage.

Thanks
Jacqueline
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Junrui

Denmark
7 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2017 :  02:20:50 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for replying me. So I'm looking forward to the updated version!

Best regards,
Junrui
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000