The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Width of Distribution
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

x703jko

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2004 :  12:24:12 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.5
Operating System: XP

Hi.

How do I get origin to report the width of a peak other than at the 50% point? (FWHM)

For example, how do I get it to report the 10% to 10% width. I know I can set baseline and use the cursor, but is there an automatic way for the software to present the result?

Thanks for reading and responding.

Jeff

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2004 :  10:06:01 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Jeff,

Are you using the integrate command/menu item, or are you performing a fit with the gaussian function? If performing fit, you can add code to the After Fit script to compute relate parameters. For example, the Gaussian function by default reports the parameter w which is equal to 2 * sigma. Then FWHM will be 2*sqrt(2*ln(2))*sigma
and similarly an expression for 10% could be worked out and added to the after fit script for the Gaussian function.

Easwar
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page

khoa

1 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  07:07:54 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

we are having a similar problem, since we would like to determine the width of a fit at 10% maxmium. Unfortunately, our function is not a Gaussian function, but a inverse polynomial:

y=y0+A/(1 + A1*(2*(x-xc)/w)^2 + A2*(2*(x-xc)/w)^12)

We tried to compute

widthAtTenPercent = fwhm( x_y_curve, y0+0.1*A-0.9*A)

in the box derived parameters. However, x_y_curve is no longer a valid variable as in the paramter initialization and as a result the equation does not yield any result. Is there a way to use x_y_curve in both the parameter initialization and in derived parameters?

Thanks for any help.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000