The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 slopes of log-log plots
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

mlmayo

2 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  6:38:15 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I've got some data and I've rescaled both axes of my plot to log10.

I want to find the slope on the log-log plot, however the data is linear. How can I find the slope of the log-log plot without manipulating the data itself (i.e. taking the log of each data point individually and plotting the result on a linear scale)?

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 05/04/2009 :  01:45:20 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi mimayo,

I suppose that you had set the axis scale to log10 and want to get the apparent slope. In this case, you can use the Appaent Fit in the Linear Fitdialog.

http://originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin8/en/Regression_and_Curve_Fitting/Simple_Linear_Regression_Dialog.htm#Fit_Options

Any problem, please feel free to contact with us.

Shirley
OriginLab Technical Service Team

Edited by - Shirley_GZ on 05/04/2009 01:46:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

mlmayo

2 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  09:41:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks! This information is not obvious in the help manual.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000