The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Histogramm break and SEM position
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Deckw

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2017 :  11:17:12 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 2017 SR2
Operating System: W10

Hi !

I have to use break on my Y axis. But can I have my histogram to be not cut ?

And, is there one option to set one SEM per graph, and on per categorie/group if SEM is different for each ?

Thank you in advance !

Regards,

Echo_Chu

China
Posted - 09/22/2017 :  05:57:05 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

To set the gap of break as 0 in graph, you can do following
1. Choose "Window: Command Window" from Origin menu
2. Copy and paste following script in the Command Window, press Enter to run it
layer.y.breaks.gap = 0;

For one SEM per graph,
I suppose your graph is bar chart got from the box chart. If so, you can set it in the Plot Details dialog as image below. Type desired value in Coef box

Echo
Originlab Technical Service
Go to Top of Page

Deckw

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2017 :  09:13:51 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi !

I can't remove breaks gap :(

And I've done my graph with "Grouped columns + Indexed data", so I don't have your options :(

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2017 :  5:10:40 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

1. To hide the gap,
Double click the Y axis, on Breaks tab, set the Break From and To values both to be 200.
If you don't want to see the / sign in axis, set Break Half Length as 0.

Click OK.
==> Gap will not show.
You can Drag the break line to move its posible or set Position of the break in Axis db.

If there are too many ticks in from 0 to 200, you can open Axis db. Change the Major and Minor tick settings on Scale tab. When break is enabled in axis, the axis settings range before 1st break is controlled on Scale tab.

Thanks, Snow

2. To show only 1st error bar in graph or in each category:
Since you are plotting grouped column plot, you must have noticed an Output Data sheet was created next to your original data after the graph is plotted.

On Output Data sheet, add a new column. Copy the error bar values you want to show to corresponding cell in the new column. For those you don't want, leave it blank.

Now right click 1 icon on upper-left corner of graph and choose Plot Setup... context menu.
The dialog should have a panel showing X, Y, YErr selections and a bottom panel showing Layer 1 and what's plotted.
Select the 1st entry under Layer1. (It's the y data your plotted).
Then you will see the X, Y and YErr selections on the panel above it.
Uncheck the YErr checkbox of the original y error column.
Check the YErr checkbox for the new column you created.
Click Replace.
Click OK.
==> The graph should be updated using new data as YError (which only errors you wanted to show.

Does this work?

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

Deckw

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2017 :  5:48:03 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Thanks a lot for the break gap, it works !

For the SEM, I know how to add just one or more in graph.
But sometimes, scientific journal ask us to set one SEm but not on bar graph, but somewhere near.

Like this with red frame :

But it's very specific...

Thank you !
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2017 :  4:17:33 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

So it looks you want to show error bar as legend.

We do not support it yet. I will bring it up in our next Technical meeting.

Just FYI: Here is the jira number. https://originlab.jira.com/browse/ORG-17084.

The link is not open to public.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

Cecilia_syy

65 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2017 :  03:40:47 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
We found we may misunderstand your requirement in
quote:
For the SEM, I know how to add just one or more in graph.
But sometimes, scientific journal ask us to set one SEm but not on bar graph, but somewhere near.

Would you mind to send us your OPJ of the line and symbol plot with SEM via tech@originlab.com? Then we can better understand and implement this feature.

Thanks
Cecilia
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000