The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Interpolation mode XYZ --> Contour map
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

BennoP

1 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2017 :  06:07:54 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Operating System: Win10

Hi,

I have a short question: I used XYZ coordinates to draw contour maps. Can you tell me what kind of Interpolation method my version of origin is using to draw the map? I have to give a reference in a report how it is done?
Which influence has the Number of levels in the "Set Levels dialog" on the interpolation or is this just chnaging the displayed color levels?

Thanks a lot,
Ben

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 09/26/2017 :  07:07:25 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Ben,

If you want to know the detailed algorithm of creating a contour from XYZ data, please refer to this help page:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Create-Contour-Graph#Algorithm_for_Creating_a_Contour_from_a_Worksheet

And, the levels in Set Levels dialog only influence the display of color levels.

If any problem, please let me know.

Thanks,
Shirley
OriginLab

Originlab Technical Service Team
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000