The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to calculate average areas.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Snapshot83

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2017 :  07:12:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Goodmorning to everybody. I have a trouble with Origin that I can't easily solved. I have different datasets with different curves. Each worksheets has 10 measurements (curves) of which I have to get the average. I don't understand why, if I get the average curve from my dataset, when I calculate the area (using the gadget "Integration") I get a different value respect when I calculate first the area of each curve and then the average of the 10 values. Any suggestions ? I dont know where I am wrong but this issue is delaying my data analysis so much.

Thanks in advance. I hope that someone can help me.

Orign 7, b9.4.1.354 (64bit) - Windows 10.

Edited by - Snapshot83 on 11/28/2017 07:13:43 AM

Echo_Chu

China
Posted - 11/28/2017 :  10:26:51 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

If you want to calculate the average area of the curves. I suggest you calculate area of each curves and then calculate the average from these area values.

You can create results for all curves on graphs using Gadget. We have a example in our Origin Central dialog in Origin 2018. You can access it with Steps below

1. Choose menu "Help: Origin Central"
2. Choose Analysis Samples from the left blue area, from the drop-down list in the right panel, choose Batch Processing, then double click on the Batch Processing with Gadget Tools item in the listbox below to open the Sample OPJ

You can see data, graph and instruction there, such as instruction as below.

Go to Top of Page

Snapshot83

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  06:10:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for your reply. The problem is that if I numerically calculate the average area of each curves and then I compare this value with the average obtained using the gadget, I obtain different results. Same story for FWHM and I am not understanding why. Maybe the Gadget tool has some preset I should check or take into account ?

Edited by - Snapshot83 on 11/29/2017 07:00:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

miguel3

1 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2017 :  01:36:46 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Calculate area of each curves then calculate the average from these area values

Edited by - miguel3 on 12/04/2017 01:40:13 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000