The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 "Delete" key problem in Lab Talk
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

JonasKlim

Lithuania
36 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  06:34:21 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin Student 2018 64 bit, b9.5.0.193
Operating System: Win 10

Hello,

I am experiencing a strange problem with "Delete" key in Lab Talk window: on pressing the key the program deletes not the character immediately following the cursor, but the 9-th character after the cursor. Multiple reloads of Origin and restarts of the computer did not help.
Please help to fix this.

Best regads,

Jonas

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  09:37:00 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Jonas,

I'm not sure, but can you try to change your locale to English if your Windows language setting is non-English?
I have similar experience on a Mac in a different application.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

JonasKlim

Lithuania
36 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2017 :  09:57:32 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Hideo,
Do you mean this:

?
It looks, that I am using English. Anyway, this problem has started appearing few days ago, before it was OK.

Best regards,

Jonas
Go to Top of Page

Chris D

428 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  11:20:15 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Can you copy-paste a line of text that shows this behavior into an Origin Notes window, save the notes window and email it to tech@originlab.com?

Please use Notes window and not Notepad.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Chris D

428 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2017 :  11:59:23 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Jonas,

I can reproduce a very similar cursor "jump" to the right when there are characters/glyphs that are not supported in the Script Window mixed in with regular ASCII characters.

Thanks for reporting!

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

JonasKlim

Lithuania
36 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2017 :  2:51:54 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Chris,

So the problem is caused by use of "←" type symbols, like in the line below?

string cl9c$= stor$+ " nm " + temp$+ " K, B "+ oris$+ ", ←";

Will you make a SW patch in near future?

Best regards,

Jonas
Go to Top of Page

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2017 :  2:55:09 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You can request a beta version of 2018b, which is planned for early next year.

Also, did you try backspace key to delete? that should work.

CP
Go to Top of Page

JonasKlim

Lithuania
36 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2017 :  12:45:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello, Chris,

Backspace works OK.

I also have an option to move part of the script with unsupported characters to another file and execute it only as needed.

Could that be a work - around for time being?

Best regards,

Jonas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000