The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Customizing a graph
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Selinger78

Germany
Posted - 10/24/2005 :  08:08:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version : 6.0
Operating System: WIN2k

Hello,
I have the following problem:
I plottet a graph and its y-axis ranges from 10^-11 to 10^-1 (I set ist to a log-scale).
The values at the axis are displayed as the following:

1E-3
1E-4
1E-11

First of all I don#t know why origin automatically changes the display style of the values from decimal to "order-of-ten" style at the border of 0,01.
Moreover I don't want any of these display styles but the usal one like 10 or 10 (with minus signs).
Is it somehow possible to display values like this?
Best regards,
Selinger78

Selinger78

Germany
Posted - 10/24/2005 :  08:39:40 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Okay, I got a step further to a solution:
I just changed the FORMAT under TICK LABELS to "Scientific:1E3".
Now in general I have to format I want to have but aomething strnage appeared on my graph:
Some Values are displayed in the style of

but 2 values are in the style of

1x10 !?

By "set decimal places" to either 0 or 1 I can display the "1x" in front of all values - but how to get rid of this "1x" ??
Regards,
Selinger78

Go to Top of Page

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2005 :  11:23:57 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This topic might help...
http://www.originlab.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3692

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

Selinger78

Germany
Posted - 10/25/2005 :  04:31:40 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This topic is not about the same problem I have (though it presents a possibility to create axis values via a new column), I just don't want a prefix in front of my numbers.

Here are my y-axis-values:

10^-3
1 x 10^-4
1 x 10^-5
10^-6
10^-7
10^-8
10^-9
10^-10
10^-11

I cannot understand why the second and the third entry are displayed different for the same settings. This must be a bug . does anybody know about this?

Go to Top of Page

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2005 :  07:58:15 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The topic explains how to make your tick labels look however you like. Same method can be used to remove unwanted prefixes.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000