The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Polar graphs - plot [0,180]
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

rmblab

Portugal
2 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2005 :  3:14:04 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version : Pro 7.0 SR4
Operating System: 2k

Hi *

I want to make a polar graph with x-values between 0 and 180. This is easy to do (using the set angular range button) but then, I want to show only the y-axis for the two first quadrants, that correspond to the x-interval [0,180].
What I do, is to select with the mouse the other half-portion of the y-axis directly on the polar graph produced (that corresponds to quadrants 3 and 4, which I do not want to be displayed) and delete it, as well as the corresponding tick labels. And that's fine, but when I print or export the page, what I get is a semi-circunference [0,180] with an y-axis ranging the 4 quadrants, and the graph plot returns to a semi-circunference aspect with the y-axis and tick labels displayed for a circunference.

Any hint on how to do this?
Best regards,
Nuno

fzimnoch

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2005 :  3:08:18 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi RmBlab

I assume what you are trying to do is simply plot/print the top half of the polar plot or quads 1&2. For x values 180 simply change Set Angular Range button to 180 degrees from 360.

The Radius/Y-axis is composed of two parts. The top is the Left Axis while the lower is the Right Axis in the Y-Axis Layer dialog box. You can "delete" the lower half of the Y-Axis by changing color to WHITE for TickLabels and Title&Format. The lower Y-Axis will be "deleted" for viewing and C&P but you must check "Enable Color as Gray Scale" in the File/Print dialog box to "delete" it from printed output.

Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

rmblab

Portugal
2 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2005 :  12:04:29 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Frederick

Thanks. It works just fine.
Best regards,
Nuno

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000