The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 help on basic fit lines
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

ewj838

USA
Posted - 12/26/2005 :  12:25:32 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I just downloaded the trial version of origin for a school project and I need to find a hyperbolic best fit line for some data. I can import the data just fine, but when I try to use the "fitting wizard" and I select the hyperbolic function, I just get a straight line. What am I doing wrong? Is there an easier way to find a hyperbolic line of best fit? Thanks a lot.

Leo_Li

China
Posted - 12/26/2005 :  01:29:43 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Eric,

It seems that you are fitting a single branch of Hyperbolic function, if so, try the following:
1. Close Origin.
2. Open <Origin root folder>\FitFunc\HYPERBL.FDF in a text editor (e.g. Notepad).
3. Locate the line:
P2=-( xatymin(x_y_curve) + xatymax(x_y_curve) )/2;
and change it to
P2=( xatymin(x_y_curve) + xatymax(x_y_curve) )/2;
and save.
4. Start Origin again and fit your data.

If it still doesn't work, send your data to tech support by refering this post.

Leo
OriginLab

Edited by - Leo_Li on 12/26/2005 8:32:59 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000