The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Graph refreshing/ replotting problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

viswanthank

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  5:07:39 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi guys,
I am still figuring out if I can use Origin for what I am intending to do before I get too far. I need to stack a set of 8-12 graphs of very large volume of data ( may be 200,000 points)and still move through the graph quickly picking and lebeling x and Y values with the cursor.

The problem is, (I think) the program is trying to plot the graph everytime the screen has to be refreshed. This is annoyingly time consuming and is kind of killing the advantages in Origin.

So, Is there a way around it....... or can this be changed with suitable codes?

Thanks,
Viswa

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  6:27:39 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Are you running any script?
Are the axes scales changed?
Are these line graphs? In general, Origin does not recreate the curves but keep just metafile caches to refresh, so unless something is changed in the graph, you should not see a slow refresh.

CP

Go to Top of Page

viswanthank

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  09:05:43 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am sending proj1.opj to tech@originlab.com. Please feel free to play around with the stack plot and see how best we can plot the graphs to speed the process.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Viswanathan K
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  1:31:04 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I don't think you have explained your problem very well. Certainly large datasets will take longer to redraw on screen than small datasets, but you must be doing something that is causing the redraw as cp explained.

Using a script such as this :
// BEGIN SCRIPT
dotool 3;
def pointproc {
ii=1;
for(done=0;done==0; ) {
if(0/0==Text$(ii).x) done=1;
ii++;
}
ii--;
%A = ($(X),$(Y));
label -s -sa -a X Y -n Text$(ii) "($(X),$(Y))";
text$(ii).rotate=90;
text$(ii).fsize=10;
}
// END SCRIPT
to automate your labelling does not trigger a redraw.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000