The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Legend formatting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

zapfe

Switzerland
2 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2020 :  04:56:36 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin Pro2017G
Operating System: Windows 10

I recently came across a nice way of plotting temperature dependent data. Now my question is, how to generate this kind of legend? I couldn't find anything in the manual or online. Does someone know how to do that and could give me a quick tutorial?
Kind regards

Chris D

428 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2020 :  11:10:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

We have this plot built in to to our most recent version of Origin- Origin 2020.

You can download the demo and give it a try.

Basically you put all your plotting data into a worksheet and add a variable such as time to each Y columns "Comments". Then from the Plot menu, choose Basic 2D->Colormapped Line Series.

Easy!

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

zapfe

Switzerland
2 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2020 :  11:21:09 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
Thanks for the prompt reply!
This means in older versions there is no possibility to do that?
Kind regards
Go to Top of Page

Chris D

428 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2020 :  12:34:57 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In Origin 2017, it is not possible to add a color scale to line plots.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Go to Top of Page

NaveedSaadi

China
33 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2020 :  2:55:13 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Chris,
Can we add this kind of legend in OriginPro 2019?

Regards
Naveed

Naveed Ahmed
Go to Top of Page

Chris D

428 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2020 :  08:13:19 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

This feature is available in our latest version, Origin 2020.

For example:

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000