The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Origin 8 projects don't open properly in Origin 6
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

nomnom5038t

Japan
2 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2020 :  03:47:24 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello!
I work with 3D graphs in Origin and I share them with my colleagues. I have Origin 8, my colleagues have Origin 6. I save all of the files in the format .OPJ. However, when opened in Origin 6, there's a blank page and no graphs. How do I fix that?

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 2018 (64-bit);SR1 b9.5.1.195
Operating System: Windows 10

Chris D

428 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2020 :  08:04:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Origin 6 was released well over 20 years ago. So, it should come as no surprise and most certainly there can be no backward compatibility.

Plus we quit supporting Origin 6 a long, long time ago.

Your colleagues either should consider upgrading Origin or use the Origin Viewer to view the graphs and data though not edit them.

See: https://www.originlab.com/viewer/

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

nomnom5038t

Japan
2 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2020 :  10:50:39 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for the reply. I thought maybe I could tweak some export settings for the result to be compatible with Origin 6. Too bad :(
quote:
Originally posted by Chris D

Origin 6 was released well over 20 years ago. So, it should come as no surprise and most certainly there can be no backward compatibility.

Plus we quit supporting Origin 6 a long, long time ago.

Your colleagues either should consider upgrading Origin or use the Origin Viewer to view the graphs and data though not edit them.

See: https://www.originlab.com/viewer/

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support

Edited by - nomnom5038t on 04/09/2020 10:51:06 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000