The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 importing netCDF files
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Vaillanco

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2020 :  10:20:37 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I cannot import netCDF files with extension *.nc

When I attempt to import, I get error message that it is an invalid file type. What am I doing wrong?

These are files from the Ocean Observatories Initiative, if that means anything to you.

Bob

Chris D

428 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2020 :  10:36:09 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Can you send us an example NC file to tech@originlab.com along with your serial number and version of Origin?

We would probably have to have one of the files to test with to see what the problem might be.

Please refer to this forum post as well.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Chris D

428 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2020 :  12:39:40 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
As a followup, the user's version of Origin did not support the version of NetCDF file he has. However, the file can be imported sucessfully starting with Origin 2020.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000