The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Log scale tick spacing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

bji829

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2020 :  3:04:02 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I duplicated a plot and then using Graph > Plot Setup I replaced the X-axis of the existing data with a new X-data column. The new column of X-values required converting the X-axis from linear to log(10). When I did this the major tick spacing was based on powers of two (i.e., 20, 40, 80, 160, 10*2^n...) and not powers of 10 (i.e., 10, 100, 1000, ...). Furthermore, I am unable to change the value of Major Ticks > Type (By Increment) from the value of 1. I cannot find any mention of this in the forums or indeed figure out what is going on. I verified scale type = log10

Can anyone suggest what is going on. Please note, I did "start from scratch" with a new graph and everything turned out fine with the tick labels being spaced on power of 10s as usual. My initial goal was to keep all the original formatting in a quick process of just updating the X-data source.

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin2019b
Operating System: Windows 10

Thanks!

AmandaLu

439 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2020 :  9:57:56 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Could you please send your project file to tech@originlab.com? Please include your original graph, the duplicated graph, and the X data you want to replace.

Thanks,
Amanda
OriginLab Technical Service
Go to Top of Page

bji829

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2020 :  4:16:40 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you, I sent an email with the file.

quote:
Originally posted by AmandaLu

Hi,

Could you please send your project file to tech@originlab.com? Please include your original graph, the duplicated graph, and the X data you want to replace.

Thanks,
Amanda
OriginLab Technical Service

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000