The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Export Graph Centered on Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Asmetana1

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2020 :  2:39:08 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
OriginPro 2020 9.7.0.188
Operating System: Windows 10
I want to be able to export a graph centered on a 7 x 9 inch page. The graph might be 3x5 inches or 6x4 or any size smaller than 7x9. There must me a simple way to do this, but I haven't found it.
Hopefully, someone can point me in the right direction.
Thanks.

YimingChen

1592 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2020 :  4:25:29 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Maybe you can turn on Page Grid lines (menu View -> Show -> Page Grids or mini toolbar) to help you cetner the layer.

James

Edited by - YimingChen on 06/10/2020 4:26:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

YimingChen

1592 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2020 :  10:31:11 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You can also run the Labtalk Script in Script Window with your graph activated:

dpi = 600;
page.unit=1;
page.height=9*dpi;
page.width=7*dpi;

layer.unit=2;
layer.height=5;
layer.width=3;
layer.left = (page.width/dpi - layer.width)/2;
layer.top = (page.height/dpi - layer.height)/2;

James
Go to Top of Page

Asmetana1

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2020 :  10:10:06 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
James,
Thanks for the help. I used your code and added the ability to scale the graph. My end user is very happy.
Go to Top of Page

YimingChen

1592 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2020 :  2:45:10 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

In Origin 2021, page level mini toolbar is added to center the graph within a page.

James
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000