The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Changing the lables in HCA analysis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

arefaat.spec

Egypt
4 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2020 :  3:01:44 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver.: OriginPro 2019b (64-bit) 9.6.5.169
Operating System: Windows 10 Professional

Dear all,

I have what might appear to be a problem with hierarchical cluster analysis analysis (HCA) on Origin. As you can see in the attached table, the first column is the one I used as labels for the Observations (X-axis)while the other 5 columns represent second derivative of FTIR spectra of 5 dyes. As you can see in the resulting dendrogram, I cannot tell which bar is related to which dye so that I can tell which dyes are more similar to each other at a certain FTIR wavenumber than the others. The tick labels on X-axis are named according to the row number.

Would you please help me solve this problem and tell me how to do it?

This is an example of HCA that was done on Origin too by Arkadiusz Matwijczuk et al (2019) (Use of FTIR Spectroscopy and Chemometrics
with Respect to Storage Conditions of Moldavian Dragonhead Oil). Here, you can see on X-axis which line or bar is related to which type of oil as the authors code named the oils a, b, c and d.

A. Refaat

YimingChen

1592 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2020 :  3:54:06 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

In the hierarchical cluster analysis tool dialog, you need to specify the column to be Observation labels, in this case col(A). If not specified, row index will be used.

James
Go to Top of Page

arefaat.spec

Egypt
4 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2020 :  03:52:39 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I tried this too. When I choose col(A) in which I have inserted the wavenumbers, the labels on the X-axis are the wavenumber values. Therefore, I still cannot identify which line/bar in the dendrogram is corresponding to which dye. I would be so grateful if you can help me with this issue.

quote:
Originally posted by YimingChen

Hi,

In the hierarchical cluster analysis tool dialog, you need to specify the column to be Observation labels, in this case col(A). If not specified, row index will be used.

James

A. Refaat
Go to Top of Page

YimingChen

1592 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2020 :  09:00:56 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If your goal is to compare different dyes, in HCA dialog, go to Settings tab, set Cluster to Variables.

James
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000