The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 template customization
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

annekin

Germany
Posted - 02/17/2006 :  04:39:46 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7G SR2
Operating System:Win XP

Hi,

I want to create my own graph template with some additional features contained in buttons. I really like the way the waterfal.otp template has a gray bar in the upper part of the window which contains all the buttons and stays the same no matter how you resize the page.
Unfortunately I haven´t been able to find out how to do this myself. Also I can't modify the waterfal.otp to my demands, since I cannot select this bar.
Do you know how to do this?

best regards

Anita

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  5:02:31 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The buttons at the top of the waterfall template are in a control region that is not accessible by mouse. Furthermore, they are User Interface Module (UIM) controls that can only be created in OriginPro. However, similar buttons can be created from text labels in standard Origin...

1. Create a text label with the desired button caption.
2. Right-click on the label and select Label Control.
3. Set Script, Run After: Button Up.
4. In the lower box enter the script you want the button to run.
5. Click OK.

After that you must be in Button Edit Mode (Edit > Button Edit Mode) in order to edit label control or text.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000