The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Copy data point format
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Clairekun

Germany
175 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2020 :  11:54:30 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 2018b
Operating System: Windows 10

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to copy the format of an individual data point. In a grouped set of plots, there seems to be an option to copy a single plot format, but I cannot find a similar option for data points. I have checked menus and Orign Help, but couldn't find anything.

If there isn't, does it look like something interesting enough to be included in future versions?

Thank you.

AmandaLu

439 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2020 :  02:48:15 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Origin doesn’t support copying formats of an individual data point right now. We will consider including it in the future version.

Thanks,
Amanda
OriginLab Technical Service
Go to Top of Page

minimax

348 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2020 :  02:58:06 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
For now you can try using "Save Format as Theme" and then screen out the special point nodes to save it as a theme file for later use.
(for example, if it is scatter plot, the node should be
Root-Page-All Layers-All Symbol Plots-Point 1)
Go to Top of Page

Clairekun

Germany
175 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2020 :  07:44:54 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by minimax

For now you can try using "Save Format as Theme" and then screen out the special point nodes to save it as a theme file for later use.
(for example, if it is scatter plot, the node should be
Root-Page-All Layers-All Symbol Plots-Point 1)

Intenresting, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for specifying the node, I have tampered with themes before and they're sometimes quite confusing.

I will try this, thank you!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000