The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 R2 and bilinerar regression
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Arthen2

2 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2020 :  4:30:17 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello all!

I've been using Origin for years, but now can't solve it.

Lets have a function and take first 20th points.
Lets divide that 20 points: first 8th (name it "N") and next 12 (name it "M"). Its easy :-)
Next, do linear regression of points 1..8 (magenta line) and points 9..20 (green line)
Last: calculate coefficient of determination (R2)

Authors of publications says "Linear regression was performed across both N and M and the resulting overall coefficient of determination (R2) was calculated"

Looks easy, bum I'm stopped. It is possible in MATLAB, but I'd like to calculate it using Origin :-)

Any clues? Thanks in advance!

Edited by - Arthen2 on 07/16/2020 4:49:08 PM

AmandaLu

439 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2020 :  02:44:23 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You can fit two sections with a piecewise function in which functions of 1st and 2nd segments are linear (a*x+b). The R-Square value is what you need.

https://www.originlab.com/fileExchange/details.aspx?fid=325

Thanks,
Amanda
OriginLab Technical Service
Go to Top of Page

Arthen2

2 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2020 :  1:54:51 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you very much. It works :-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000