The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Label columns with error data
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Ina123

2 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2020 :  05:33:05 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,
I have a graph with columns and error bars.
In the worksheet the data are marked as "y" (45%) and "yEr" (+-3%).
Is it possilbe to lable the columns with the yData and the yError data?
For example the lable of the column would be 45%+-3%?
Thank you.

Edited by - Ina123 on 07/20/2020 05:33:44 AM

YimingChen

1593 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2020 :  08:53:39 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In Plot Details dialog, go to Label tab, change label Form to Custom, set Format String as $(wcol(n)[i], *2) +- $(wcol(n+1)[i], *2). See if it works.

Yiming
Go to Top of Page

YimingChen

1593 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2020 :  10:21:05 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You can also make another label column (see fig), right click on the column and select Format Cells..., check Rich Text. This is to allow plus minus sign to show in cells.

James
Go to Top of Page

Ina123

2 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2020 :  02:19:07 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by YimingChen

In Plot Details dialog, go to Label tab, change label Form to Custom, set Format String as $(wcol(n)[i], *2) +- $(wcol(n+1)[i], *2). See if it works.

Yiming

Wow, that's great, thanks a lot!
I never would have been able to do it like this
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000