The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Problems with tdms export
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

marcel1992

Germany
12 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2020 :  02:49:00 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 2020b pro
Operating System: Windows 10
Hello together,
I have some problems with tdms data and maybe someone has an idea:
My testbench saves tdsm data with 10kHz sample rate on all channels.
I can't reduce the sample rate and I can't delete non used channels. That means that the test bench produces 1.7Gb data every 30min.
When I delete all columns that I don't need I got a data size of 1.1Gb.
There are some temperature channels in the data which I like to decimate to 1Hz sample rate. The pro function of Origin makes this really easy but: If I export this data (still tdms), one of the two new generated columns with the decimate data disappeared. Maybe it's a problem with tdms but I need the smallest data size I can get so I have two questions.
1.) Is there a data type available which is really small (binary) except tdms?
2.) What is the problem with the disappeared measurement column if I export in tdms?

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 09/30/2020 :  04:51:59 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Marcel,

Would you please send us a sample project with the source tdsm data via tech@originlab.com? We need check why the "If I export this data (still tdms), one of the two new generated columns with the decimate data disappeared" happens.

About how to send us a large file, please refer to this page, https://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Support/SendFilestoSupport

Thanks,
Shirley
OriginLab

Originlab Technical Service Team
Go to Top of Page

marcel1992

Germany
12 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2020 :  07:19:55 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Shirley,
if I try to send the data via FTP server, I got an issue message regarding the host name.
Host Name: ftp.originlab.com
Host Type: automatic detect
Login: anonymous
Password: your email address
Are there some issues known?
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2020 :  12:05:35 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Marcel,

I emailed a dropbox link for you to upload files.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000