The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Append worksheets - rows number
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

dominik.mierzwa

Poland
116 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2021 :  12:42:58 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

I have searched the forum but did not find any match. I often use "Append worksheets" with common columns. I would like to ask: is it possible to define the number of rows which should be appended? I think that Origin counts col(A) or first Xs and append this number of rows. The problem is that my dataset has a usually smaller number of rows than col(A) or first Xs. Thus, I need to remove empty rows from the result worksheet (I use the delete duplicates function).

Kind regards,
Dominik

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2021 :  3:07:12 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Are you trying to append columns into a single column by setting Append by" as Row?

I tried that when you Append by rows and don't check "Append to the end of each column" checkbox, then those blank cells will be truncated.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

dominik.mierzwa

Poland
116 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2021 :  3:33:49 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by snowli

Hello,

Are you trying to append columns into a single column by setting Append by" as Row?

I tried that when you Append by rows and don't check "Append to the end of each column" checkbox, then those blank cells will be truncated.

Thanks, Snow

Yes, where this checkbox is? I did not notice it.

Kind regards,
Dominik
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2021 :  5:56:16 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am not sure which version you are using.
Here it is.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

dominik.mierzwa

Poland
116 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  07:30:09 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If it were that simple, I wouldn't ask ;-)

Kind regards,
Dominik
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  09:24:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry Dominik.

It looks this is a new feature in coming Origin 2021b (9.8.5) -- JIRA number: ORG-22912 so it's not in your version yet.

For now, you will have to remove the missing values after append.

Sorry for the confusing.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000