The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Show hidden worksheet?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

flirt

USA
Posted - 03/07/2006 :  1:46:10 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.5
Operating System:

A simple question: when editing a graph by double-click in other applications, only the graph is displayed. How can i access the hidden data?

Mike

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  3:17:47 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi flirt:

I would recommend reading through the following section in the Origin Help file:

Interfacing With Other Applications > Sharing Your Origin Graph with Another Application

Basically, if you are using OLE in-place activation (Tools: Options > Graph tab), you don't have access to the worksheet data. This is the reason why we don't recommend this editing procedure.

If you do a Copy Page and Paste the Origin graph in Word, you double-click on the pasted graph to open an OLE session of Origin. In Origin, you can right click on the plot and select Go to worksheetName. Alternately, you can open the Plot Details dialog box and click the Worksheet button at the bottom of Plot Details. When you are finished editing in Origin, you can return to the Word doc by choosing File: Exit and Return to DocumentX.

I hope this helps you.

Mike
OriginLab

Edited by - Mike on 03/07/2006 3:21:04 PM

Edited by - Mike on 03/07/2006 3:21:35 PM

Edited by - Mike on 03/07/2006 3:45:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

flirt

USA
Posted - 03/07/2006 :  3:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Mike,

Thank you very much for the reply. I found there is a "creat worksheet" when right clicked.
Go to Top of Page

flirt

USA
Posted - 03/07/2006 :  4:03:46 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have another question:

Is it possible to copy worksheet or graph(including associated worksheet) directly in the explorer of one project to another project? Compared with creating a worksheet and copying the data, sometimes this helps save time for setting the format of each column, and i usually write some comments in the label of each sub-file.
Go to Top of Page

Mike

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  4:43:46 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You can save individual Origin worksheet, matrix and graph windows as separate files. To do this, make your window active, then choose File: Save Window As... from the menu.

Once you have saved the file, you can open your project file and add the window by choosing File: Open. In the Open dialog box, set Files of Type to ogw/ogg/ogm and select the file.

Note that it is also possible to append a second opj file to the open opj file, using Project Explorer (you right click on the folder icon in PE and choose Append Project...), but it sounds like the first suggested procedure will accomplish what you want.

Mike
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000