The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Add marked points to 3D scatter plot and a map
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Locardas

24 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2021 :  08:06:22 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver.: 2019
Operating System: Win 10 Enterprise

Hello Origin Forum,

I have already drawn a 3D scatter plot that represents the route
of an airplane. To better identify altitude differences I have added a color highlighting. I would liket to further optimize the plot by:

a) highlighting 2 points of the route with a color and a symbol.
b) drawing a map in the x-y plane.

Best regards and thanks in advance !
Locardas

Edited by - Locardas on 04/06/2021 05:02:44 AM

Chris D

428 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2021 :  10:14:47 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You should be able to click once on a point, then click again two times to create a special point that you can customize.

As for the map, you can use our Google Maps app to do this. It can pick up the coordinates from the graph and you can import the map as a 3D plane and add it to an existing graph with the Import as Update button.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

Locardas

24 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2021 :  04:13:21 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chris D

Hi,

You should be able to click once on a point, then click again two times to create a special point that you can customize.

As for the map, you can use our Google Maps app to do this. It can pick up the coordinates from the graph and you can import the map as a 3D plane and add it to an existing graph with the Import as Update button.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support

Hey Chris Drozdowski,

found it out.

Best wishes,
Locardas

Edited by - Locardas on 04/07/2021 12:18:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2021 :  10:41:55 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Locardas,

Thank you for sending us the data. Here is an image of the graph we created, where we used the Google Map Import App:0 https://www.originlab.com/fileExchange/details.aspx?fid=344
to place the map on the XY plane.

I will send you the project so you can further customize.

Sincerely,

Easwar Iyer
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000