The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Rescaling Y axis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Fexina

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2021 :  09:25:30 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:

Hello everybody, I hope you could help me to find a solution to rescaling Y axis problem.

I created a plot using 'Graph maker' and I am using the vertical panel, which is a great option to make many graphs quickly. My graph represents concentrations of 10 different cytokines (y axis) across the same conditions (x axis).

At the moment my Y axis is the same across all 10 cytokines' concentrations. I would like to rescale Y axis, so those 10 different cytokines' Y scales are made independent of each other (so the columns could be visible and Y axis is different across different cytokines).

Do you know if this is possible to do in Origin Lab? And if not is there any other way to quickly generate plots and put them together on one page?

Edited by - Fexina on 04/12/2021 09:36:09 AM

YimingChen

1592 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2021 :  09:52:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Can you try Cluster Plot ( menu Plot:Categorical:Cluster Plot)? This is a multi-layer graph type that the y-axis scale can be adjusted individually.

James

Edited by - YimingChen on 04/12/2021 09:57:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Fexina

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2021 :  10:09:25 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by YimingChen

Can you try Cluster Plot ( menu Plot:Categorical:Cluster Plot)? This is a multi-layer graph type that the y-axis scale can be adjusted individually.

James

Thank you! I did not know this type of plot, but it worked very nicely now.

Go to Top of Page

Fexina

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2021 :  2:52:48 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by YimingChen

James

Hi James,

The y axis of the generated plots I created using categorical cluster plot do not start at 0 - and I would like them to. Is there a way to amend this?
Go to Top of Page

Chris D

428 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2021 :  3:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Can you post a screenshot of the new graph?

~Chris

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000