The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Problems with Themes (Palette, Font)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

pospiech

Germany
Posted - 03/10/2006 :  08:22:10 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version 7.5
Operating System: XP

I am confused by the use of the palette. I want my dataplots to be colored: 1. red, 2. blue, 3. green.

The first thing that I did not understand is that I could not start a new palette but had to override the origininal one.

The next problem I came across is that with a palette where 1. color is red all text in de plot changes from black to red when the plot is changed.

I then changed the first color back to black and the second to red ..., however then the first dataplot was black again, instead of red.
I somehow managed to change this for the plot, although I have no idea how it worked, I justed tried to change things until it was there...

So: is there a way the differ between colors (palette) of the parts of the plot that are not dataplots, and the data ?

Second Problem: I dont want Arial as the standard font, but Frutiger instead. Can this be changed to systemstandard ?

Matthias

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  11:00:24 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

Second Problem: I dont want Arial as the standard font, but Frutiger instead. Can this be changed to systemstandard ?

Hi Matthias,

I presume you want all things including axes labels, titles, and all text labels including legend to follow this new font, right?

If that is the case, then you can do this using a graph theme. Download this ZIP file that contains the theme file "Times New Roman.OTH". Add the .OTH file your user folders area under the subfolder called \Themes
If that subfolder does not exist, you could simply create a subfolder by that name and put this file in it.
http://www.OriginLab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/files/Times New Roman.ZIP

Then use the menu item Format->Theme Gallery to bring up the dialog. Scroll to the newly added "Times New Roman" theme and right-click and select Duplicate. This will create a copy. You can double-click copy to change name. Then right click and select Edit. This will open the theme in editor.

In the editor, you will see that this theme has just one element: to set the global font face to Times New Roman. You can then click on Times New Roman which will then show a drop-down with all fonts from your system and select your Frutiger font and then save the theme by clicking OK.

Now, to apply this theme to existing graphs, you can simply select this theme in the Theme Gallery and click Apply Now.

To make this the default, you can do the following:
In the Theme gallery dialog, hold CTRL key down and select the current System theme (this will be shown as bolded) and then select your new font theme, and right click and pick Combine. This will then combine this font theme with your current system theme. You can rename the cobined theme to a suitable name, and right-click on it and select "Set as System Theme". Then all graphs made from now on will use this new font, plus other system settings that existed before in the system theme.

Easwar
OriginLab

Edited by - easwar on 03/10/2006 11:02:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  11:21:25 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The first 24 colors in the Color Palette should not be changed or repositioned. Doing so will have global effects as you discovered.
Additionally, you should be aware that the custom colors (index 25 through 40) are only saved locally so you should not use those colors in any OPJ project file you intend to share with others.

See also:
http://www.originlab.com/www/support/resultstech.aspx?ID=1111&language=English

Edited by - greg on 03/10/2006 11:22:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

pospiech

Germany
Posted - 03/10/2006 :  5:54:53 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
So I understand that what I was looking for is not implemented in origin ?

I wanted a palette for the style of lines that is independend of the system palette and can be saved and exchanged as a theme.

Matthias
Go to Top of Page

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2006 :  10:21:35 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If all you want to do is to change the colors of a group of plots, and save as a theme, you should change the group color list.

1. select a few columns of data
2. plot as lines
3. opens plot details, you should see the Group tab and default is
Edit Mode = Dependent
this means that the plots inside the group are controlled by incrementing some plot attributes.

You should then click the band of color and see a ... button on the right and that is where you can open a dialog to edit the color sequence.

After you have done that, you can copy or save that plot group as a theme and apply to other plots.

CP

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000