The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Batch Plotting: serial number in graph name
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

AKazak

Russia
1205 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2022 :  2:16:38 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
OriginPro 2022 (64-bit) SR1 9.9.0.225
Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64

Greetings!

I use Batch Plotting extensively.
However, graph short names are quite strict in terms of requirements.
Is there a field corresponding to the batch plot serial number, to set graph short name to G01, G02, etc.?

Thank you.

---
Andrey

ChaoC

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2022 :  4:42:45 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Andrey,

You can set the short name to G0 and get the format you are looking for. However, I assume you want your tenth plot to be G10 and not G010-could you let me know if this is the case?.
If this is the case I don't think this kind of formatting is currently possible because there is no way to change the increment from 1 to 01.
You can work around this by creating a separate list and referencing them for the shortnames.

Chao

Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1205 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2022 :  9:31:56 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ChaoC

Hi Andrey,

You can set the short name to G0 and get the format you are looking for. However, I assume you want your tenth plot to be G10 and not G010-could you let me know if this is the case?.
If this is the case I don't think this kind of formatting is currently possible because there is no way to change the increment from 1 to 01.

Chao

Dear Chao,

Yes, I want to use the following syntax for a graph name:
G#(s,f)

where # - is a placeholder with s --- start value, and f --- format string.

quote:

Hi Andrey,

You can work around this by creating a separate list and referencing them for the shortnames.

Chao

Can you share an example of this approach, please?

---
Andrey
Go to Top of Page

ChaoC

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2022 :  12:31:50 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Andrey,

How you want to do this is up to your preference.
I will show you one example.
I created a new workbook to generate the short names using some python code.

I created a new user parameter in the data sheet named "Serial"
I copied my short name list and paste transposed into this user parameter row.

Then in the batch plotting dialog for the Graph Short Name I used %(1Y, @LD7) which will grab the "Serial" value associated with Y data column.

Hope that helps!

I have re-attached an example from one of your projects you provided.

https://my.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/wjoincols%202022-03-02_mod.opju

Chao
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1205 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2022 :  3:29:32 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear Chao,

Thank you for sharing the sample project.
I will certainly use the suggested way for batch naming of graph windows.

---
Andrey
Go to Top of Page

AmandaLu

439 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2022 :  9:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Origin 2023 is available!

Following issue you reported in this post has been improved in Origin 2023:
Better Support for Batch Plotting Preset Name (ORG-24990).

Right now you can set preset graph short name as “G01”, then the batch graphs will be G02, G03…G10…

Please try it in Origin 2023.

We are looking for your feedback! Any suggestion will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Amanda
OriginLab Technical Service
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1205 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2022 :  8:46:35 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AmandaLu

Hi,

Origin 2023 is available!

Following issue you reported in this post has been improved in Origin 2023:
Better Support for Batch Plotting Preset Name (ORG-24990).

Right now you can set preset graph short name as “G01”, then the batch graphs will be G02, G03…G10…

Please try it in Origin 2023.

We are looking for your feedback! Any suggestion will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Amanda
OriginLab Technical Service

Dear Amanda,

Great news!

Can I use a different prefix, for example "Fig01" to generate "Fig01", "Fig02", etc.?

---
Andrey
Go to Top of Page

ChaoC

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2022 :  2:52:25 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Andrey,

You can!

Chao
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1205 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2022 :  9:56:30 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

Hi Andrey,

You can!

Chao

Dear Chao,

Great feature!

---
Andrey
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1205 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2023 :  08:45:16 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The "G01" feature works great for graph templates naming.
Well done!

---
Andrey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000