The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Save Settings for Drag and Drop
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

AKazak

Russia
1205 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2022 :  05:48:30 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
OriginPro 2022b (64-bit) SR1 9.9.5.167
Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64

Greetings!

https://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Imp-DragDrop#Save_Settings_for_Drag-and-Drop tells that the option saves an import filter to the sheet itself.

How do I get an import filter that is actually saved in the sheet?

Thank you.

---
Andrey

AKazak

Russia
1205 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2022 :  05:51:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Does https://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/Drag-and-Drop-Import describe a step before reading the import filter saved to the sheet?

---
Andrey
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2022 :  4:32:56 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Andrey,

U can run impinfo;trinfo.=; to see what filterinfo. in worksheet.

Do you have a user story for this?

We are using Data connector by default when drag and droping files now
See https://www.originlab.com/doc/en/Quick-Help/Not-Use-Data-Connector-When-Drag-n-Drop

So just wondering if data connector miss some settings which forced u to use the old import.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1205 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2022 :  10:17:21 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by snowli

Hi Andrey,

U can run impinfo;trinfo.=; to see what filterinfo. in worksheet.

Do you have a user story for this?

We are using Data connector by default when drag and droping files now
See https://www.originlab.com/doc/en/Quick-Help/Not-Use-Data-Connector-When-Drag-n-Drop

So just wondering if data connector miss some settings which forced u to use the old import.

Thanks, Snow

Dear Snow,

Thanks for sharing the LT commands.
Can you view filter information in Organizer?

I tend to avoid using data connectors since I do not need live connection with the source data, I need only import of data.

---
Andrey
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2022 :  10:17:38 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Andrey,

If u import data to such sheet, u will be able to find filter info. in organizer.
E.g. Book -> Imported Files node. Pick the file. Then u will see Filter Info.

If no data is imported, i don't find a way. I created ORG-25329 and will check with developer.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1205 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2022 :  10:58:48 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by snowli

Hi Andrey,

If u import data to such sheet, u will be able to find filter info. in organizer.
E.g. Book -> Imported Files node. Pick the file. Then u will see Filter Info.

If no data is imported, i don't find a way. I created ORG-25329 and will check with developer.

Thanks, Snow

Good news!
Let me know once the improvement is implemented.

---
Andrey
Go to Top of Page

minimax

348 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2022 :  9:36:14 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi AKazak,

As Snow mentioned, once you ever import a file, the filter info will be shown in organizer.

And it should be normal that you import the file at least one time to check if the filter setting is correct?
So it seems not very necessary to see the filter settings before import?
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1205 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2022 :  10:03:23 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by minimax

Hi AKazak,

As Snow mentioned, once you ever import a file, the filter info will be shown in organizer.

And it should be normal that you import the file at least one time to check if the filter setting is correct?
So it seems not very necessary to see the filter settings before import?

Agree.
However it seems to be useful to see all the import settings before you drop the file on a sheet. This is for a sake of transparency.

Currently D&D setting are kind of hidden. For example once cannot see them or read the setting to the import filter GUI dialog.

---
Andrey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000