The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 turn off / hide the legend
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

morrison

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2000 :  5:44:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,
I'm a little chagrined to be asking so simple a question, but could someone please tell me how to turn off the legend in an Origin graph without also turning off the axis labels (which is what happens if I uncheck View:Show:Labels as suggested on p. 466 of the manual). I've read Sec 11.4 but can't find out how to hide just the legend. I'm preparing a figure for a journal which does not allow legends. Many thanks. --- michael

------------------

tantiger

Singapore
41 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2000 :  9:11:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Just take a look at the tool bar, you will find a icon for legend, select the proper layer and click the icon will cause the legend of the correspond layer show/hide.
Go to Top of Page

Barb Tobias

USA
305 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2000 :  8:49:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The easiest solution is to delete the legend by clicking on the object and pressing DELETE. If you want to re-create the legend later, click the New Legend button on the Graph toolbar.
However, if you have customized the legend you may not want to delete it. In that case, you can hide the legend using Origin's programming language, LabTalk. To do this, select Window:Script Window to open the Script window. Type the following in the Script window:
legend.show = 0 (press ENTER)
The "show" property controls the show/hide state of the associated named object (in this case, "legend"). Show = 0 hides the object. Show = 1 displays the object. In this example, we assumed that your legend object is named "legend". If you changed the name of the legend object in the legend's Label Control dialog box, then you would replace "legend" with the custom name.
Go to Top of Page

maidlvuong

France
6 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2022 :  11:00:25 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Barb,

After hiding legend by using LabTalk, do you know how to show the legend again?

Thanks a lot!
Mai

Mai D.L. Vuong
Go to Top of Page

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2022 :  2:17:04 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
legend.show=1

CP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000