The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 wdeldup with separate reference and merge columns
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

AKazak

Russia
1006 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2022 :  03:22:40 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
OriginPro 2022b (64-bit) SR1 9.9.5.167
Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64

Greetings!

Does wdeldup allow achieving the following result?


If negative, then what function(s) may help?

Thank you.

---
Andrey

Shirley_GZ

China
Posts

Posted - 06/10/2022 :  03:50:57 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi AKazak,

Yes, wdeldup can do this:


Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1006 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2022 :  05:21:27 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shirley_GZ

Hi AKazak,

Yes, wdeldup can do this:

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team



Dear Shirley,

I also thought that this is the case.
Please see the attached project:
https://my.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/wdeldup2022-06-10.opju

I want to identify Duplicates by columns A and B, but Sum column C.
However, I observe that wdeldup sums column B and C.

How do I specify where to search for duplicates and what to sum?

---
Andrey
Go to Top of Page

ChaoC

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2022 :  10:43:56 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Andrey,

In your attached project, if you set column B as Text, the results should be as you expect. This may not be desirable in every case so I have created ORG-25369 for improvement.

Thanks,
Chao
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1006 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2022 :  11:21:08 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ChaoC

Hi Andrey,

In your attached project, if you set column B as Text, the results should be as you expect. This may not be desirable in every case so I have created ORG-25369 for improvement.

Thanks,
Chao



Dear Chao,

This was not obvious at all.
I hope to get it fixed or have an additional option in the next beta version.

---
Andrey
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1006 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2022 :  04:14:07 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OriginPro 2023 (64-bit) Beta 1 10.0.0.47 doesn't feature the improvement.

---
Andrey
Go to Top of Page

ChaoC

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2022 :  10:46:49 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Andrey,

This improvement is in the 2023 Beta1.
Using the example in your first post:


Did you mean something else?

Chao
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1006 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2022 :  10:53:40 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ChaoC

Hi Andrey,

This improvement is in the 2023 Beta1.
Using the example in your first post:

Did you mean something else?

Chao



Dear Chao,

You are right, it works!
However I still don't get the point: how do you select a data column to Sum?

---
Andrey
Go to Top of Page

ChaoC

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2022 :  11:16:29 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Andrey,

It will sum all the columns that are numeric and not a reference column.

Chao
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1006 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2022 :  11:21:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ChaoC

Hi Andrey,

It will sum all the columns that are numeric and not a reference column.

Chao



Hm...
This is not obvious at all.
Does it make sense to add a column(s) selector to do mathematical manipulations listed in Merge Duplications by drop-down menu?

---
Andrey
Go to Top of Page

ChaoC

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2022 :  2:09:51 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Andrey,

wdeldup is under the Worksheet tab as it is used to reduce the rows of the entire worksheet, not just a single column.
Reference columns are the criteria used to determine how to reduce these rows.
If you reduce the rows in one column and not the other, you would end up with mismatched data.

Chao
Go to Top of Page

AKazak

Russia
1006 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2022 :  09:36:13 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ChaoC

Hi Andrey,

wdeldup is under the Worksheet tab as it is used to reduce the rows of the entire worksheet, not just a single column.
Reference columns are the criteria used to determine how to reduce these rows.
If you reduce the rows in one column and not the other, you would end up with mismatched data.

Chao



Dear Chao,

Got it.
Thanks.

---
Andrey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000