The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Histogram from CSV file of 2columns
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

lp204

India
3 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2023 :  06:56:54 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:

I performed Monte Carlo simulation of leakage current and obtained a CSV file with the first column as the values and the second columns as the number of occurrences of those values. How do I plot the Histogram(this was plotted in cadence) since it only takes one column input for the histogram?

YimingChen

1593 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2023 :  08:27:07 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You can to use the Column Plot (menu Plot->Bar, Pie, Area->Column)

James
Go to Top of Page

lp204

India
3 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2023 :  01:00:58 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j1zTPXKh5LxUH9gUZOKBLDDIgfRi1bDz/view?usp=drive_link

This is good but it's not like the histogram I require. Isn't there a way to make a histogram out of this column plot
Go to Top of Page

cpyang

USA
1406 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2023 :  05:40:15 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Can you explain what do you mean by histogram?

Your data is already in value(X) and count (Y), and that is already in a form for a histogram, so you just need to make an XY plot.

CP
Go to Top of Page

lp204

India
3 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2023 :  06:32:33 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry for the confusion. I want a histogram with less bins. Basically it should be a collection of these points, which will give rectangular bars and not so specific You can find an image in my first message.
Go to Top of Page

YimingChen

1593 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2023 :  08:35:50 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It appears you need to first get the occurrences within value ranges. You can use this app within Origin.
https://www.originlab.com/FileExchange/details.aspx?fid=489

Then follow the steps shown below:

James
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000