The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Contour plot - problem with x-axis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

ManuChem

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2023 :  02:28:21 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hey everybody,

I'd like to add a new contour plot with an x-axis that has different values to the column numbering. However, no matter what I've tried, it always takes the column numbering as the x-axis and not the x-axis I've assigned...

Best

Manu :)

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2023 :  09:10:04 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Could you check if this FAQ helps
https://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/how-to-customize-data-when-plotting-virtual-matrix

Depending on where X value is, set the X Values in correctly, such as 1st row in selection, or column label row, e.g. long name, comments, etc.

If i misunderstood, could you share your opju.

Thanks, Snow

Go to Top of Page

ManuChem

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2023 :  06:58:51 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for the reply.
I have no clue whats wrong here. However, I just created a new workbook and copied the data there and now it works without changing anything...

Best
Manu

Edited by - ManuChem on 07/17/2023 06:59:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2023 :  09:30:50 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Maybe you have plotted contour from that sheet before wht column index used as x.

If you have plotted contour from a worksheet using plotvm dialog, it remembers how you set the x and y settings and the next time you plot contour again from that sheet, in plotvm dilaog the dialog theme shows <sheet>.

But u can modify the setting.

Anyway, i am glad the issue is resolved by a new sheet.

Thanks, Snow

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000